I'm busy working on my blog posts. Watch this space!
Saturday 9/12 - Les Rhinocéros (Tzadik Records)
Saturday September 12, 2015 Doors at 8p - Music starting at 9p $8 at the door All ages, 12 and under free
Bar open for 21+, cash and card accepted
Hailing from the Washington, DC area, the young band Les Rhinocéros delivers a crazy world in sound, blending aspects of rock, world music, noise, ambient and jazz. The group was formed in 2008 by bassist and composer Michael Coltun and has developed since then into an intense and wildly imaginative group that takes music to its extremes. Emotional, minimalistic, intense and grooving, this is music that goes beyond imagination to the edges of sanity. The group continues their sonic experiments by adding unusual instruments into the traditional rock band setting.
• "This s*** is rad! You’ve found some damn good players to partner with. It’s all here, droney ambiance, proggy riffage!" - Josh Potter, Relix Magazine
• "You can't miss the similarities to the big Z's late, lamented Naked City in Les Rhinos' suave ability to switch styles... Very recommended" - Richard Gehr, Relix Magazine
• "Wow!! The new generation of Tzadik artists has arrived in the form of a Rhinoceros!!" - Cyro Baptista
• "Wow, these guys are my new favorite band...it is absolute, raw, and wholly real...This is contemporary creative music of the youth in the 3rd millennium... this album plays out as a continuous journey you can listen to from beginning to end, and ultimately, it’s just really good music." - Tim Keiper (Cyro Baptista, John Zorn, Vieux Farka Toure, Dirty Projectors)
• "D.C. jazz-punkers Bungle about with klezmer and surf and dub and Camper Van Middle Eastern ska." - SPIN